This Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC) online document includes fact sheets prepared by the ITRC PFAS team. The team is currently working on the associated Technical and Regulatory Guidance Document.
ITRC has developed six fact sheets to summarize the latest science and emerging technologies for per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). The fact sheets are tailored to the needs of state regulatory program personnel who are tasked with making informed and timely decisions regarding PFAS-impacted sites. The content is also useful to consultants and parties responsible for the release of these contaminants, as well as public and tribal stakeholders. The fact sheets in the series are:
- Naming Conventions and Physical and Chemical Properties
- Regulations, Guidance, and Advisories
- History and Use
- Environmental Fate and Transport
- Site Characterization Tools, Sampling Techniques, and Laboratory Analytical Methods
- Remediation Technologies and Methods.
Publication Date: November 2017